Table of Contents
- Kunal Girotra is the founder and CEO of Lunar Energy, a company building an integrated ecosystem of hardware and software to fully electrify homes with solar, battery storage, electric vehicle charging, and smart energy management.
- Lunar has raised $300MM to build elegant, integrated home energy products from the ground up, starting with a modular battery system.
- Power electronics and EMC compatibility have been major technical challenges in developing lunar’s first highly integrated systems.
- Lunar’s initial product launch includes an integrated battery and inverter system, a smart energy bridge, and software for controlling loads, backup power, and seamless grid connectivity.
- The battery system is modular and scalable using Lunar's proprietary battery blocks with capacities up to 20kWh.
- Girotra aims to make renewable energy adoption easy and accessible for homeowners, targeting 50% of US homes having solar and storage within 10 years.
- Lunar plans to expand its product suite to electric vehicle charging, heat pumps, and other innovations that advance full home electrification.
[00:02:14] KG: "We want to power homes are all around the world with endless clean energy. We're building what we think is the future of hardware and software products, such that we want to make it really easy for consumers to have energy in their homes powered by solar, storage, have easy control of loads, EV charging, have all electric appliances eventually and tear gas away from their home."